Friday, July 26, 2013

New Hampshire Vacation

 
We took a trip to New Hampshire for Chris and Ashley's wedding.  We left Sunday afternoon.  We flew from LR to Detroit; then from Detroit to Manchester.  Shelby did PERFECT on both of the flights.  We barely heard a peep out of her.  It was almost midnight by the time we got to our hotel.  Baby girl was tired - She slept until 10 am.

The crib they gave us was gross and stained so we let her sleep in the bed with us.  There was no way I was putting my baby in that nasty-ness.  The next day we went to Chris and Ashley's house to see where thye have been living. It's a really nice 2BR/2ba duplex with a full basement.  It has nice trails behind it you can walk.  Shelby wanted to play with their dog and cats so bad.  Ava finally warmed up to her.
 

 
Tuesday we drove to eat at a fresh seafood place called Markey's (?).  It was delicious.  I ate chicken strips (don't judge), but the BBQ sauce they had to go with them was amazing.  It was sweet and a little tangy.  We were going to go to the beach, but we couldn't find a place to park.  We went to the pool at our hotel instead.  I don't think Shelby minded one bit.
 
 
My girl LOVES the water.  We ate dinner and then went back to the hotel to sleep.  The next day was going to be Shelby's first manicure and pedicure, but she wouldn't sit still long enough to let to do anything, so maybe next time...  We ran around trying to get ready for the rehersal and dinner that night.  We had a large crowd at dinner and it was so good to see family and friends we hadn't seen in a while.  Aunt Linda flew in from Alaska; Uncle Marcus and Aunt Gloria from St. Louis, Roger and Vickie Hensley came from Arkansas with Aunt Terry.  I wish I would have gotten a picutre with everyone, but baby girl was restless so I took her out to the car to play a little.
 
The wedding was absolutely beautiful!  I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was trying to keep Shelby calm and quiet. I will post some picutes of Chris and Ashley when I get them. They looked GREAT.
 
 
The next morning we had to leave to head home.  I thought I lost my wallet and I was freaking out a little bit.  Turns out it had just fallen out of my purse under the seat in the car. Whew! Crisis averted.  They had this awesome little play area in the Manchester airport.  It was SO NICE - especially since our flight was delayed an hour!

 
We finally made it back to Little Rock and to our house.  It felt so good to be home.  Overall, great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment