Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July Weekend

So, I'll just start by saying "Yes, I know it's been 8 months since the last time I blogged."  I'm going to start doing better.  I've got an "All About Shelby" post in the works that will cover her first 9 months of life.  Hopefully, after I get the first one knocked out I can stay on top of them better!  I'm also trying to convince the hubs that he needs to design me a blog.   Anyway...on to our weekend:

William and I were lucky enough to have Thursday AND Friday off this year.  Thursday, Shelby and I headed to Greers Ferry Lake where my "aunt and uncle" have a lake house.  Sandi and Kevin are two of the most gracious, humble people.  We just love them.  Also, we LOVE their lake house! It's so peaceful there!


Our friends, Alex and Jill, were there with their two daughters.  I'm trying to make sure their youngest and Shelby are best friends!  They are just about 7 months apart so {{fingers crossed}}  I think they like each other, but with kids this age you just never know!


Shelby LOVES the water - pool, lake, ocean, bathtub, dog's bowl...if there is water involved, she is all about it.  We went on a boat ride, swam, and visited.  Unfortunately, we did not get to stay for fireworks on the lake.  Shelby normally goes to bed around 7:30 and the fireworks didn't start until 9:30.  We were back home and in bed by 9!




Friday, William helped some friends move into their new house.  While he was moving Shelby and I had lunch and shopping with my mom.  She had her first Chic-Fil-A chicken nuggets.  She was a fan.  I also got some great deals on some fall clothes.  After William got home, we decided to have a date night (it's been far too long!!)  


We invited our friends, Seth and Amy, on our date night (oops!)  We ate at Kobe and went to see Despicable Me 2.  We had a great, kid-free evening.  Shelby was asleep when we got to my mom's to pick her up.  She slept the whole way home and went right to sleep when we put her in her crib!

On Saturday, we went back to the lake.  This time William came with us.  


We ski'd, wakeboarded, tubed, swam, visited, and ate (A LOT).  We had a pretty large crowd this time.  We joked that we could have just had church at the lake the next day!   Jen and Jared came with their 3 girls, Jill and Alex were there with their 2 girls, Linda and Steve came and brought their daughter and 2 grand daughters.  It was a blast to hang out with everyone outside of church. 


Sunday was a very relaxing day after the busy weekend.  We went to church, ate a Newks.  Then came home and Shelby let us take a 2 hour nap! I'm pretty sure she knew we were tired!  We bought groceries then just relaxed at home for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

1 comment: