Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pregnancy

We found out we were pregnant on February 6th, 2012.  We were so excited to add a precious little one to our family.

We decided to tell our families on Valentine's Day.  We announced to my family by handing out valentine's cards signed Baby Bridges.  Grandma was so excited and great grandma cried tears of joy.  Everyone was so excited! The next day William's parents came down for a doctors appointment.  We got his mom a "New Grandma 2012" t-shirt and his dad a "new Grandpa" coaster.  They opened their gifts and were so excited! We didn't make a big deal out of telling anyone else.

Our first doctors appointment was at 9 weeks.  We saw Dr. Sellers.  He is very nice, and we were glad he was our doctor.  We got an ultrasound after seeing Dr. Sellers.  Seeing our baby for the first time was amazing.  She looked like a little peanut.  We saw her heartbeat - that was the moment I felt like a mother for the first time.



photo.JPG

In the early pregnancy I craved salad and orange juice.  I couldn't get enough.  We ate at Outback (ALOT!!) - They have the best salads.  A little further along I started craving chocolate chip cookies and milk.  I even made William go get some at 10 pm one night from the gas station down the street.  I was drinking about a gallon and a half of milk a week. Yum!!!!

I felt her kick for the first time at 15 weeks while on a cruise.  It felt like popcorn popping in my stomach. I also bought her first baby item.  It was kind of generic since we didn't know what gender she was yet, but I thought it was adorable.

photo.JPG

We found out she was a girl at 22 weeks.  We had an ultrasound at 18 weeks, but she was uncooperative and would not open her legs to let us see.  The ultrasound tech said she was "pretty sure" she was a girl, but wanted to make sure on our next appointment.

I quit my high stress, high over time job at 22 weeks.  I was co-supervising 6 employees with no manager.  I was also working 80 hours a week for 2 weeks out of the month.  I didn't want to have a child that I would never get to see. It was also unfair to ask William to raise our daughter alone. I started a new job in June and am loving the hours and free time.

William felt her for the first time at 23 weeks while at a good friend's wedding in Clinton, MS.  It was the first time it felt real to him we were having a baby. He loved to put his ear to my belly and listen to her heart beat.

Most of the pregnancy symptoms people complained about, I never experienced.  I started having heartburn and snoring about 30 weeks and the lack if sleep hit hard about 32 weeks.  Other than that, the pregnancy was smooth sailing.  I gained 36 lbs - most of them coming in the last 6 weeks.
photo.JPG

At my 37 week appointment on October 2nd we saw Dr Brenneman.  My blood pressure was 150/92 so he sent my to the hospital to test for Pre-eclampsia (negative).  I was also 4cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Once the tests came back negative the nurses discharged me and William and I went to eat at David's Burgers.  We were starving!!  I was put on bed rest and spent the next day in bed working.

My contractions started occurring every 3-5 minutes so we went back to the hospital around 3.  By the time  I got there I was 6 cm dilated and 90% effaced.  Around 6 pm Dr Simmons came in to check one and admitted us. :). My office took a poll on when her birthday would be -(everyone lost!)
 photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment